Who We Are
Finish Line was started in 1978 by David Katz and has since assisted in
over 3000 races internationally.
Based in Port Washington on New York's Long Island, Finish Line has worked events from California
to Dakar, Africa.
Finish Line coordinates the technical aspects of road races, and track & field events.
Finish Line has helped to set the standard for road racing with its dedication to accuracy and
David Katz, founder of Finish Line is one of the pioneers and innovators
of modern road race technology. He is presently serving his third four year term as a member of the IAAF Technical Committee and has recently been re-appointed as one of three International Cross Country & Road Racing Officials for the world.
- International Association of Athletic Federations (IAAF) Technical Committee Member
- U.S.A.Track & Field (USATF) Rules Committee Member
- Road Course Measurer - 2012 London Olympic Games
- USATF Course Certifier
- IAAF Measurer - Level A
- IAAF International Cross Country & Road Race Official (ICRO)
- International Road Race Official to the 2010 IAAF World Half Marathon Championship - Nanning, China
- International Road Race Official to the 2012 IAAF World Half Marathon Championship - Karvana, Bulgaria
- International Road Race Official to the 2014 IAAF World Half Marathon Championship - Copenhagen, Denmark
- IAAF Technical Delegate - 2010 World Junior Championships - Moncton, Canada
- IAAF Technical Delegate - 2014 World Indoor Championships - Sopot, Poland
- Editorial Board Member - IAAF Facilities Manual
- Finish Line Chairperson - Road Racing Technical Council
- Contributor to the USATF Course Measurement Book
- Co-author to the USATF Finish Line Manual
- USATF Master's Long Distance Executive Committee Member
- USATF Presidents Award 2011-Recipient
- Masters USATF Official
- USATF Technical Manager - Masters Level.
- Road Course Measurer 1984 and 1996 Olympic Marathons
- Road Course Measurer - 2008 USA 50k Olympic Trials Race Walk
- Road Course Measurer - 2008 USA Men's Olympic Trials Marathon (held in 2007)
- Technical Manager 2008 USA Men's Olympic Trials Marathon (held in 2007)
- Technical Manager 2008 USA Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Technical Manager 2012 USA Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Finish LineCoordinator: ING New York City Marathon
- Technical Consultant - New York Road Runners
- Road Course Measurer - New York Road Runners
- Finish Line Director: Utica Boilermaker 15k
- Technical Director: 60 races annually
- Technical Director: Millrose Games
- Technical Director: Reebok Boston Indoor Games
- Technical Director: Adidas Track & Field Classic
- Technical Director: IAAF Adidas Diamond League Grand Prix
- Technical Director: 1998 Goodwill Games-Track & Field
- Technical Manager: USATF Indoor Championship
- Track Technician: 1996 Olympic Games
Race Services -
Race Results -
Who We Are -
Course Maps -
Race Related Web Sites -
Race Applications -
The information on this web site is intended for private use only.
©1996 Finish Line Road Race Technicians, Inc.